If you are working with satin fabrics, keep the following in mind:
- Use a universal needle suitable for smooth fabrics to avoid holes in the fabric.
- Use a sewing machine with a smooth presser foot to sew the fabric smoothly and evenly.
- Avoid ironing the fabric too much as this can damage the smooth surface. If you must iron the fabric, use a damp cloth and a low heat.
- Use an overlock machine or a zigzag stitch to neaten the edges of the satin and prevent them from fraying.
- If you want to dye the satin, be aware that it loses colour quickly, so it is advisable to do a trial run.
It is important to note that there are different types of satin fabrics and that they can be processed differently. It is advisable to read the care instructions before you start