If you are working with cotton fleece fabrics, keep the following in mind:
- Use a universal needle suitable for thicker fabrics to avoid holes in the fabric.
- Use a sewing machine with a stretch presser foot to maintain the stretch of the fabric when sewing.
- Use an overlock machine or a zigzag stitch to neaten the edges of the fleece and prevent them from fraying.
- Use a special pair of scissors or rotary cutter to cut the fleece, as this fabric tends to tear when cut with regular scissors.
- If you want to wash the fleece, you should turn it inside out and wash and dry it on a low setting to maintain the fluffy surface.
It is important to note that there are different types of fleece fabrics and that they can be processed differently. It is advisable to follow the care instructions before you start processing.